MarsCon is always looking for new and interesting vendors for our dealer’s room. We are specifically looking for those who have unusual, unique, and interesting wares that are beyond the pale of what can be found in the mundane world.
Our dealer’s room is not simply “first-come-first-served”; simply because you contact us early is no guarantee that we will have a spot available for you in the room. Conversely, if you contact us at the last minute and we think your wares are particularly worthy, we’ve been known to squeeze someone in at the eleventh hour (this doesn’t mean that you *should* wait until the last minute).
We treat our vendors well and we expect them to do the same. Vendors who take advantage of us or our attendees will not be invited back. However, our current crop of vendors can attest to how well we treat them as well.
Tables are $85 each until August 1st* and include a single membership. A second membership per table can be purchased for $15. We generally provide dinner (in the room) Friday evening and lunch Saturday. We also have an extensive con-suite which many of our attendees find actually provides a nutritious meal. If you’re solo, we can provide someone to spot your table while you hit the con-suite.
*After August 1st tables are $100 each. After January 1st tables are $150 each.
The self-publishing e-book boom has created tremendous demand for “independent” author’s tables. We have only a very limited number available in our dealer’s room and those tend to be taken up by our invited guests. However, we do have a plan percolating to accommodate you. Check back soon!
So, you want to be a vendor?
If you are interested in vending at MarsCon, please email us: email@example.com.
Information to include:
- A description of what it is you’re selling
- Photos of your merchandise (especially if it’s unusual)
- Photos of your set-up at another event (if possible)
- Other sorts of events you’ve vended at
Do not send money until you have been accepted as a dealer. If you’ve been approved by our 2014 dealer coordinator we will send you information on how to pay for your table.
- One table 6 feet long by 30 inches wide. If a table is not required, please let us know.
- Two chairs
- A black-and-white business-card size ad in our program book, check our advertising page for details.
- A listing on our website with a link to your website (this will go up within 10 days of our receiving your payment and website information)
- One full convention membership, A second membership can be purchased for $15
Dealer load in begins at 12 Noon on the Friday of the convention. Unfortunately, we cannot provide labor for load in or load out. Dealers can get into the Room one (1) hour earlier than the public on Saturday and Sunday for setup.
Dealers should be completely cleared out of the Convention area, including the loading dock, by 6:00 PM on Sunday, January 19th, 2014.
We will be running extension cords to tables that require power access.